Are you planning to take the SSC GD Constable Exam this year? If yes, then the first and most important step is to have a good understanding of the SSC GD Constable syllabus and exam pattern. Knowing the syllabus and exam pattern will help you prepare for the exam in a better way.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the GD Constable Exam every year for the recruitment of suitable candidates for the post of GD Constable in various paramilitary forces like the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), Assam Rifles (AR) and Special Frontier Forces (SFF).
SSC GD Selection Process 2024
The exam is conducted in four stages:
- The Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- The Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- The Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Medical Examination
The syllabus for the SSC GD Constable Exam consists of four subjects: general awareness, general intelligence and reasoning, elementary mathematics, and English/Hindi. The syllabus for each subject is different and candidates should prepare accordingly.
SSC GD Exam Pattern
The computer-based examination will consist of one objective-type paper containing 80 questions 2 marks for each question, for a total of 160 marks:
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||20||40|
|B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||20||40|
- Time Duration: 60 Minutes (1 Hour)
- MCQs and objective-based online examinations
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer
- SSC GD Bharti Syllabus PDF: Download
- Staff Selection Commission Syllabus in Hindi (update soon)
- SSC GD Police Recruitment Official Notification PDF: Download
SSC GD Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of the Staff Selection Commission is divided into four parts:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: This section tests the ability of the candidate to identify relationships among different pieces of information, to draw inferences and to identify similarities and differences.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: This section tests the candidate’s knowledge of current events, international and national affairs, science and technology, sports, economy, and geography.
- Elementary Mathematics: This section tests the candidate’s numerical ability and problem-solving skills. The topics covered in this section include whole numbers, decimal fractions and averages, simple and compound interest, fundamental operations, and percentages.
- English/Hindi: This section tests the candidate’s knowledge of grammar, vocabulary, and language usage.
The SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern consists of two papers: Paper I and Paper II. Paper I is conducted for 60 minutes and contains 100 objective questions, whereas Paper II is conducted for 30 minutes and contains 50 descriptive questions.
- Similarities and differences
- Spatial visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Visual memory
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification
- Arithmetic number series
- Non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
General Knowledge and General Awareness
Elementary Mathematics Syllabus for SSC GD
- Number System
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Decimals, Fractions and Relationships Between Numbers
- Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Distance
- Ratio and Time
- Time and Work
The candidate’s ability to understand basic English or Hindi and their basic comprehension would be tested.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for SSC GD
Candidates have to clear the race within the following time limits:
|Male Running||Female Running||Remarks|
|5 km in 24 minutes||1.6 km in 8 ½ minutes||For candidates other than those belonging to Ladakh Region|
|1.6 km in 7 minutes||800 metres in 5 minutes||For candidates of Ladakh Regi|
- Height: Male: 170 cm, Female: 157 cm
- Chest: Un-expanded: 80 cm; Minimum expansion: 5 cms
For more information, please check the official notification of the SSC GD Constable.
Staff Selection Commission GD Exam Pattern and Syllabus PDF:
Thank you for visiting our site. Furthermore, if you have any questions related to the SSC GD Police Constable Syllabus and Exam Pattern, then please leave a comment below.
- Source: ssc.nic.in