Preparing for SSC CGL Exam? Here is the Detailed General Awareness Syllabus for SSC CGL Exam.
If, you are aspirant for Staff Selection Commission CGL 2021 Exam, then we have a good news for you, SSC may create over 10,000+ vacancies for CGL Exam this year, thanks to Government of India’s initiative to create 1.83 lakh Government Jobs in 2020-21.
But this does not mean that SSC CGL is easy to crack, as the Competition level in this exam is too much and to the extent that in 2020 CGL Exam over 35 lakh candidates have applied in 2019-20, there is an expectation that 40 lakh+ candidates may apply.
1) First go through the Syllabus for SSC CGL 2021 Exam, to find out, which subjects and topics need immediate attention Or the Subjects you find difficult. Aspirants always knew their strengths and weaknesses. Some are good at reasoning, while others are good at Maths. So, it your task, which subject you need to focus more for upcoming SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination.
2) Next, Buy the Books for SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam. While choosing the books, make sure you buy the Books, written by experienced authors.
3) Make a Preparation Plan, and stick to it till your Staff Selection Commission CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam.
SSC CGL General Awareness Made Easy
If, you through the Detailed Syllabus for SSC CGL 2021 Tier-1 Exam, then you will find, that, for for every subject, SSC had given a Detailed Syllabus expected the General Awareness section and this is the reason it is always considered to be one of the most difficult subjects among all the CGL subjects.
And here are the reasons for this.
- There is No definite syllabus for General Awareness
- Questions in this section can be asked on anything Or everything.
- This subject needs wide extensive study and you cover so many things, that it becomes almost impossible, to score good marks in this section.
Here is what SSC had mentioned as far General Awareness Syllabus is concerned.
But the actual overview of the syllabus, you will get only after going through the Previous SSC CGL Question Paper that will give you enough idea of what is expected in the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination Exam and for this purpose, we have compiled the List of 1000 General Awareness Questions asked in the previous SSC CGL Exams.
What is the Detailed Syllabus for SSC CGL General Awareness?
General Awareness is one such subject that can’t be mastered in a Day and good news is that, you still have time of 4 months. If you contribute 2 hours a Day, even then, you can score 70 to 80% marks in General Awareness section.
Moreover, this section requires less time to solve Question, as these are knowledge based questions and you can attempt this section in 12-14 minutes, and this will save much of your time for other sections Like Reasoning, Maths and English.
Syllabus for General awareness comprises of Questions from
1) India History:
Here History means Indian History only and not the World History.
JobsCaptain team providing free complete study material on Indian History in Hindi Pdf notes for various SCC CGL exams.
Questions in Indian History are asked from these topics:
- Important Day and Dates
- Questions on various travelers who visited India
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- Question on Wars (Results and Places)
- Delhi Sultanate.
- Viceroys of India (Names and Period of Rule)
- Various Movements
- Religious Organizations and their Founders
- Important Acts
- Newspaper and their Owners
2) Indian Polity:
In polity, Question, are mostly asked on the India Constitution. Every year 3-4 questions are asked from Indian Polity.
- Questions in this section comprises of
- Antarrashtriya Sambandh
- Formation and Objectives of Constitution
- Important articles, Schedules
- Current GK on Indian politics
- Borrowed Features
- Fundamental Rights and Duties etc.
- Then there are Questions on
- President and Governors of India.
- Prime Minister and Chief Ministers of Indian States.
- Supreme Court and High Courts of Indian States.
- Parliament and State Legislative Assemblies.
3) General Sciences:
It means Physics, Chemistry and Biology and Questions in this section are upto 10th standard. Read the Best General Science pdf in English for SSC.
If, you studied Physics well upto 10th class, then you will be ease at solving the Physics Questions from the SSC CGL Exam. Common Questions in this section are asked on
- Work and Pressure
- Units of Measurement
In chemistry Questions are asked on
- Uses and Common Names of Various Compounds
- Questions on Alloys
- Questions based on Definitions
In biology, commonly questions are asked on
- Human Body, Its Parts and Functions
- Questions on Animal and Plant Kingdom
- Vitamins and Diseases etc
4) Current Affairs and Static GK:
This section comprises of 15 to 18 marks in the General Awareness section of SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam.
i) Current Affairs:
You need to study the Last Six Months Current affairs for SSC CGL Exam and we can expects these types of Daily Current Affairs questions in Hindi SSC CGL Exam.
- Persons in News
- Places in News
- Current events
- Sports Current Affairs.
- Latest Awards and Honors
For the preparation of Current Affairs, it is advisable to read the Last Six Months of Pratiyogita Darpan and Competition Success Review
ii) Static GK:
This is far one of the Most difficult in Staff Selection Commission’s CGL Exam as anything can be asked from this section. Questions from static GK can be asked on.
- Books and Authors
- Countries Capital and Currencies
- Awards given in various Field
- Changed Name of Countries and Capitals
- UNO and Its organizations
- Five year Plans
- Government Schemes,
Here we complete with the Detailed General Awareness syllabus for SSC CGL 2021 Exam. If you need further any more information about General Awareness subject of Staff Selection Commission examination, please do comment below.