Information Technology Management (MBA in IT) is a specialization in management which focuses on information technology and the use of management techniques to enhance the usage and applicability of information technology.
MBA Information Technology program encompass modules like computer hardware, computer software’s, telecommunications, assessment, algorithms, telecommunication etc.
The growing demand of computers and its high usage in almost every field has produced the demand of qualified and polished professionals who have core knowledge of the subject.
A management degree with the knowledge of the subject adds a lot of credibility and skills to a candidate; which in return open a number of avenues to work with companies all over the world.
Many universities, institutes and colleges offer tailor made courses to suit the demand of the market and include many an essential components like Web Application Tester, Computer Networks, Project Management, Systems Analysis, Web Development, Applications Programming, Graphics and Multimedia etc.
In this article you will get complete guidance about career in Information Technology Management.
Course Structure of Management in IT
In detail the important modules of the MBA IT studied during a period of four semesters are as follows.
- Management Principles and Process
- Marketing Management
- Business Environment
- Entrepreneurship and Globalization
- Strategic Management
- Principles & Practices of Management
- Computer Applications in Management
- Indian Ethos and Values
- Organization Behavior
- Managerial Economics
- Quantitative Techniques
- Managerial Economics
- Environmental Management
- Managing Organization
- Managerial Skills and Research Methodology
- Supply Chain Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Legal Aspects in Business
- Financial Management
- Corporate Governance
- Leadership Development
- Project Management
- Corporate Finance and Taxation
- Management Sciences
- Stock Market & Share Trading
- Project Management
- International Sustainable Management
- Cross Cultural & Global Management
4th Semester of Information Technology Management
- Database Management System
- System Analysis And Design
- Integrating E-Systems & GIS
- Securities And Control Information System
- Decision Support Systems and Expert Systems
- RDBMS, SQL And Application Development Using Oracle
- Knowledge Management System
- Networking & Network Security
- Software Engineering
- Innovation and Technology Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Web Designing and Multimedia
- Expert System Design and Application
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining
Every student is advised to choose an institute to commence a management course with utmost care.
Eligibility and Duration
MBA information technology similar to other management specializations require 10+2 certificate with minimum 50% in graduation from a deemed university.
There are various entrance exams which one can choose to apply for MBA; however various colleges, universities and institutes offer their own entrance exams which a student must qualify.
Group discussion and personal interviews with faculty is a prerequisite to admission to any MBA stream. Scholarships are also awarded to merit students.
Scope and Job Prospects in IT Management
MBA in Information Technology holds a lot of scope for students.
A lot of national and international companies are always looking for adept and qualified professionals to help them cope with the dynamic business environment.
The deadly mix of information technology and management expertise help one climb higher strata’s in management.
Information Technology Management Salary
An early career Information Technology (IT) Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns approx. ₹48,500 per month. Fresher candidate may be got the first job of minimum Rs. 20,000 per month. (As per the Current scenario of year 2021)
Thank you for reading article on Career in Information Technology Management. We hope you will get complete information like Management in IT course structure, career scope and prospects and salary.
Further if you have any questions, please do comment below.
Fantastic article post. Much thanks again.
What can you do with a information technology management degree?
There are 6 Information technology management careers to consider…
1. Software applications developer
2. Information security analyst
3. Computer systems analyst
4. Database administrator
5. Management analyst
6. Computer network architect