IIM Ahmedabad has published an New vacancy for Human Resources (HR) Posts.
The Manager-Human Resources (Manager-HR) will direct and carry out all administrative functions of Human Resources Department (HRD) under the guidance and supervision of the Head-HR. The position calls for person with higher educational qualification, maturity and integrity.
Strategic responsibilities include developing systems & procedures for various activities like recruitment, training, performance evaluation, growth path, compensation policies, superannuation benefits etc.
Operational responsibilities include preparation of organisation chart, job descriptions, advertisement, receipt of applications, scrutiny of applications, preparation of competitive tests, conduct written tests, conduct computer tests, evolution of tests and preparation of result, issue of call letters, organise personal interactions with candidates, pay fixation, allowances, issue offer letters, issue appointment letters, joining formalities, orientation programme, training programmes, leave applications, performance evaluation, promotions, vigilance, transfers, resignation, superannuation benefits, fixation of pension, family pension, gratuity etc.
The Manager-HR will also carry out work related to monitoring of outsourcing agencies, legal cases, welfare activities, sports & recreation activities, RTI applications, record keeping, housing facilities, secretarial support to faculty members, LTC, Central/State Government Office Memorandums, understanding of pay commissions & implementation thereof.
- Recommend and maintain an organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish Institute’s goals and objectives in HR space
- Establish and implement short and long term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures •
- Implement strategic recruitment and selection plan • Carry out recruitment of Staff, Academic Associates and Research Assistants
- Organizing Orientation programme for new staff
- Implement training and organizational development plan to meet personal, professional, and organizational needs • Pay Fixation on appointment, promotion and adoption of new pay commission
- Undertake career planning, skill analysis, competency gap analysis, and institutionalize development programs for employees
- Suggest compensation strategy to attract, retain, and develop talent
- Implement effective appraisal and reward system •
- Recommend and establish HR policies and procedures to enhance effectiveness of employees as per Central Government Norms, IIM Act and regulations of the Institute.
- Carry out welfare activities
- Carry out Sports & Recreation Activities
- Monitoring of manpower outsourcing agencies & related issues
- Suggest modifications in superannuation benefits and implementation thereof.
- Maintain records, files, and service books
- Support in recruitment, promotion, and other related matters
- Advise authority on service matters
Systems & Procedures:
- Strategize HR activities that align with the Institute’s goals
- Implement procedures and technology solutions to improve HR information management
- Manage employee agreements, employee hiring contracts, and related issues
- Advise and manage issues related to life and property insurance, medical insurance, and similar other statutory matters.
- Maintain relationship with the Institute’s Legal Counsel on issues of HR and labour relations and manage Institute’s responses in various courts as and when required
Qualification, Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Candidate should be Graduate with Full-time Post Graduation/ MBA in Human Resources Management with at least 10 years of post-qualification experience in Personnel/HR, Pay Roll, Administration, and Legal Department. Experience in Government of India/ State Government/ Public of Autonomous Bodies or large Academic Institutions at middle or higher level position is desirable
- Knowledge of HR, payroll, allowances, rules and regulations, compensation, labour laws, and statutory requirements is must.
- Knowledge of prevailing recruitment rules, appraisal rules, promotion rules, increment rules, pay fixation, leave rules, LTC rules, Pay & Allowances, Superannuation benefits, pension, family pension, gratuity etc. of the Central Government / State Government / PSU/ autonomous bodies/ Universities is also required
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Good computer knowledge.
- Should be a team player who can instil confidence and establish high performance levels.
- Should have excellent networking abilities.
- Age: Max. 45 years as on the last date of application. Institute provide age relaxation as per GOI rules. Additional 5 years’ age relaxation is given to the women candidates.
- Reporting to: The selected person will report to the Head-HR Salary & Allowances: Selected candidate will be offered a fixed term appointment initially for a period of three years on a consolidated monthly salary on CTC mode.
- The contract may be extended further as per the mutual convenience.
- Interested candidates are advised to APPLY ONLINE ONLY latest by March 20, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit www.iima.ac.in.