IIM Ahmedabad has published an New vacancy for Assistant Librarian Posts.
- Overall supervision of allocated section’s that may include Print Resources and
Acquisition section / e-Resource acquisition section / Circulation section / Reference
Section / IT section/ General Administration).
- Overall management, monitoring and supervision of respective sections including
technology, staff and materials.
- Vikram Sarabhai Library is open round the clock and throughout the year. Hence it is
expected that Assistant Librarians will have to attend to shift duties and weekly
holidays will be on rotation basis.
- To interact with the academic community of the Institute in order to determine
their requirements of reading/learning materials and facilitate access to the same by
- Guiding and helping to the section team in performing their allotted tasks.
- Correspondence with faculty, students and other staff members related to the section
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget/revised budget of the section.
- Communication with the external stakeholders like supplier/vendors/publishers and
internal stakeholders like library staff, other departments (of the Institute), regarding
their section’s work.
- Implementing latest tools and techniques (including Information Technology) and new
services in the section.
- Preparation and updating of section manual (library procedures, rules and regulations,
processes and services of their section).
- Orientating library users about library resources and services.
- Coordinating and organizing section meetings regularly and preparation of the minutes
of meetings and follow-up the decisions.
- Management and development of staff in their section.
- Involve in stock taking work and circulation desk duties of the library.
- Guidance and training to the trainees when he/she joins the section.
- Preparation and documentation of all relevant statistics of the section.
- Monitoring the maintenance and upkeep work of the Library.
- Any other work assigned by the Librarian.
Qualification, Experience & Skill Requirements:
- First Class (60% or above) in MLISc or equivalent qualification with NET/SLET/SET
- Overall 8 years of experience with 5 years or more in Pay Level 7 or higher in an academic
library of repute.
- Managing Library in a computerized environment with experience in innovative
applications of ICT in library operations/services.
- Managing e-resources including e-journals, e-books, etc.
- Age: Maximum 40 years as on the last date of application. Institute provide age relaxation as per
GOI rules. Additional 5 years’ age relaxation is given to the women candidates.
Salary & Allowances: Selected candidates will be offered a scale of Level 10 (56100 – 177500). The
selected candidate will be on probation for two years. After the successful completion of the
probation period, if the performance of the candidate is found satisfactory, Institute will confirm
the candidate in the offered pay scale.
Reporting to: Librarian/Deputy Librarian
Interested candidates are advised to APPLY ONLINE ONLY latest by March 20, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit www.iima.ac.in.